Nothing beats a grand finally. Except a grand finally without an end. Those is the last Ajvar show broadcasted at Stockholm College Radio and we’re finishing off in class with our usual non structured mashed-up mix of the latest worldwide tune and some old smashing not-so-known favorites.
There’s Bollywood, Lollywood but also Kollywood. And this time we especially like label Finders Keepers release of Ilaiyaraaja:s dancefloor friendly electronic pop. Hereby naming Solla Solla - The Electronic Pop Sound of Kollywood 1977-1983 to album of the show with all the space-age synths, electric drums, slide guitars tabla and strings you need.
Another Ajvar-favorite is psychedelic surf-pop cumbía-band Chicha Libre and their ep Canibalisimo released in 2012. Oh so reminding us of the cumbia made popular in the late 60′s by another of our favorite band Los Destellos, and others like Manzanita, Los Mirlos and Juaneco y su Combo.
Remember that Harlem shake meme? Forget it. The only shake you have to know about is Brunetta:s Baluba Shake. A true lasting dance floor crowd pleaser.
- La Sonora Cordobesa – Mi Monera
- Frida Sonko with Equator Sound – Gwenasobya
- The Abdul Hassan Orchestra – Disco Arab
- Ilaiyaraaja ft. Malaysia Vasudevan – Nan Koduthathi
- Ilaiyaraaja – Don’t Compre (Instrumental)
- Banda Westfalica – Carimbo
- Carl Hector + Malcouns – Followed Path
- Meridian Brothers - Guaracha U.F.O (Non Estamos Solos…)
- Meridian Brothers – Salsa Caliente
- Meridian Brothers – Desespranza
- Chicha Libre – Rica Chicha
- Chicha Libre – Alone Again Or
- Chico Mann – El Paragua
- Savage Y Suefo – Our World Our Style
- Junior Reid – Chanting
- Leroy Sibbles – No Bad Feeling
- Hugh Mundell & Augusto Pablo – Africa Must Be Free By 1983
- Poppa Tollo – Nuff Stylee
- King Sunny Adé & His African Beats - Ja Funmi
- Dur-Dur Band – Hayeelin
- Gypsy – Soca Train
- Blue Boy – Soca Baptist
- Gypsy – Bangla Africa
- Owiny Sigoma Band – Norbat Okelo
- Boddhi Satva – Ngnari (Louie Vega Roots Remix)
- Symbiz Sound – Six Feet Under
- Wildlife – Boiler Riddim
- Omar Souleyman – Lansob Shrek (I will Make A Trap)
- Nickodemus – A Beirut Minute
- Fanga & Maalem Abdallah Guimea – Wouarri
- Brunetta – Baluba Shake
- Wareika Hill Sound – No More War
And for those of you worried this was the last of Ajvar, re-think. We’ll still hit you like a lot of time with our smashing shows. Podcast-style. Check out the website or join our Facebook-group for more info. Over and out for now.