The return of the lost son returning from the Brazilian exile. Today he came back to us loaded with records from now and then and with an off course an update. This show is dedicate to traditional samba with voices like Chico Buarque, Toquinho & Vinícius and our favourite José Bezerra da Silva.
Born in Rio de Janeiro Bezerra da Silva became a famous samba musician of the partido alto style. He recorded his first singles in 1969, and released bout 30 albums. The music often deals with political and social issues like gang violence, the drug trade, and the law. He recorded sambas from unfamed and marginalized composers, often people living in difficulties and dealing with criminal environments, who wrote with sharp irony. The label sambandido (samba + bandit) was sometimes used to refer to his work, and he strongly disliked the word. And you just got to love his album covers. Spreading the word ever so stylish.
- Chico Buarque – Meu Guri
- José Bezerra da Silva – Baixada
- Kourosh Yaghmaei – Daas
- Toquinho & Vinícius – Pot-Pourri N° 1
- Kourosh Yaghmaei – Share Cheshmat
- Vinicius de Moraes – Como é Duro Trabalhar
- Urban World Records
- Alceu Valenca Girassol – La Belle De Jour
- Los Chicos Altos – José Antonio
- José Bezerra da Silva – Garrafada Do Norte
- Los Chicos Altos – Se Va Mamba
- Chico Buarque – Construção
- Jackson Do Pandeiro – Um A Um