Episode 53: The west side to the east side story
We often say that we’re taking a trip around the world in one hour. This time that’s not only true but it is also done in a structured voyage starting in the west, going through the middle, ending up in the east. Taking off tam tam tam style with Brazilian Sonzeira, Indie Mambo world music band Orkesta Mendoz from Tucson Arizona and Jamaican dancehall ghetto living uptown Busy Signal.
Then passing through Europe and Africa featuring Berlin 17 Hippies, modern nu-soul Ghana emotions and boogie breakdown South African disco with Benjamin Ball. Touching down in Asia at folk-psych songbird Kim Jung Mi:s Beautiful Rivers And Mountains and last but oh so not least with Japanese rock artist Shintaro Sakamoto:s raw dance mashing up Hawaiian steel guitar, Brazilian cuica and banjo.
Next time we’re probably do it all over again. With a little less structure.
- Sonzeira – Samba de Pirâmide
- Orkesta Mendoz – Cumbia Volcadora
- Luísa Maita – Volta
- Machel Montano – Road Trip
- Busy Signal – Trading Places
- King In My Empire feat. Cornel Campbell – Rythm And Sound
- 17 Hippies – Leolos Blus
- Yamasuki Singers – Yama Yama
- O’Flynn – Tyrion
- Omar – Ghana Emotions
- Mohamed Mounir
- Benjamin Ball – Flash A Flashlight
- V.O. – Mashisa
- Kim Jung Mi – Beautiful Rivers And Mountains
- Rasela – Pemain Bola
- Shintaro Sakamoto – Lets Dance Raw
Listen to all broadcasting at Radio Skanstull Mixdcolud