Boom! Not only are we back in the podcast air but also on the dance floor at our very favorite Grandpa – Morfar Ginko. Friday October 23th we’re bringing our harvest of crazy, funky multikulti beats aw 2015 in style. With all the necessary accessories.
So forget about autumn depression, put on your dancing shoes and join us in the basement.
Attend the event on Facebook
Ajvar’s coming home to Morfar Ginko
Friday 23th of October
Episode 17: In that preparty mode
Don’t wait until tomorrow what you can start party today. This Saturday Ajvar closed the club season at Morfar Ginko in style. And this program was a smashing warm-up loaded with preparty-tunes like Klezmer remix, Frensh funk-soul-jazz, rare Afro disco edit, polka beat, all mighty Hugh Masekela (always on a preparty playlist) and a world premiere from Mir Crew & Ortega on top of it all. Now – off to the after party.
- Mariana Montalvo – La Libelola (Superpendejos Edit)
- Cortex – L’enfant Samba
- Monsieur Dolor Et Les Guitar Boys – Panty
- Cossa Nostra – Suite Latino (Yo Quiero Contigo)
- MC Maromba – My Name Isn’t Johnny
- Blod Dracula – Speeding
- Sons Of Kemet – Inner Babylon
- Syphax – Thamghra & The Funk Disco Jam
- Julian Life & Andrew See – Polka Beat
- Afro Heat In Midday Sun (Afro Disco Boogie Edit)
- Fouma System – Xamal Sa Bopp
- Hugh Masekela – Run No More (A Vou Mo)
- Amsterdam Klezmer Band – Terk (P Millenaar Remix)
- Mir Crew & Ortega – NN
Listen to all broadcasting at Radio Skanstull
So in anticipation of the next Ajvar Soundsystem session @ Morfar Ginko on the 16th of November and the return of the Radio show on 95,3 MHz, we post the recording of the previous party. Enjoy!
In the Balkans back in the days people use to make lots and lots of Ajvar in the autumn to take care of all the yummie vegetables. Well, autumn is certainly here and in true Ajvar-spirit, we have preaped the best harvest party of Japaneese playdisco, Bollywood classics, Eastern folk, African blues, European brass, Carribean grooves, American folk and cool cúmbia.
Mixed up in the craziest most delicious mess.
So forget bout your autumn depression, put on your dancing shoes and come down to us in Morfar Ginko’s basement on Saturday 20 October.
Ajvar’s autumn harvest bash
Saturday, October 20
Swedenborgsgatan13, Subway: Mariatorget
First of all we want to thank all of you that danced your feet off at Morfar Ginko’s basement yesterday – the most important persons with all due respect. And thanks to Soca Dennis for a fantastic soca set making up the perfect birthday and a pre-summer soundtrack. Oh what a feeling we’re feeling life. So tonight we’re yet again going into post party-mode with some back beat, Brazilian 90’s rock, a walk in Jerusalem and a doze of crazy “original nuttha” UK Apache style.
- Walk In Jerusalem Just Like John (Version)
- Lone Ranger – Badda Dan Dem
- Batata ft. Nova Lima – Macacao Mata El Toro
- Chinese Man – Get up (Remix)
- Nação Zumbi – Voyager
- Atakora Manu – Abena Kwabena
- Cheif Stephen Osita Osadebe – Onu Kwube
- Nação Zumbi – Pode Acredita
- Dreadsquad ft. Dr Ring Ding – Old’s Cool
- Victor Uwaifo – Ohue
- Black Soul – Mangous Ye
- Academia Da Berlinda – Filhinho
- Chinese Man ft. Plex Rock – Stand!
- Balkan Beat Box – No Man’s Land
- Sem Folego – 3 Na Massa
- Toy Selectah ft. DJ Blass – Sonidero Company
- UK Apache – Original Nuttah (Dazed Dog Remix)