Episode 54: The sound of Sarajevo
When Ajvar is going to its first ever study trip the choice of destination was as simple as flipping a coin. So we ended up in Sarajevo – the city of breath taking backdrops, lots of Ćevapčići and figs, and a ruined Olympic bobsleigh track. And of course, music. Although we didn’t actually go for it in terms of record hunting, club hopping or brass playing, we simply embraced the feeling and atmosphere, went back to Stockholm and recorded this show.
Featuring the very best of Yugo disko, classic and rock from the golden age of the 70:s and 80:s. Llike one hit wonder Rok Hotel and the Rolling Stones of Balkan Bijelo Dugme to modern rap from Frenkie & Billain. Ending with a unforgetable cover of the song Aquarius, from the tribal love-rock musical Hair, by Plavi Orkestar.
Where our next trip will take us we don’t know. If you want to flip a coin, please sent us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bozo Vreco – Znas Li Da Se Svakog Dana Molim
- Damir Imamovics & Sevdah Takht – Lijepa Zejno
- Divanhana – Da Sam Ptica
- Adi Lukovac – Il Je Vedro Il’ Oblanco
- Grupa Jutro – Kad Bih Bio Bijelo Dugme
- Pauk – Generacijo
- Teska Industrija – Ala Imam Ruznu Curu
- Bijelo Dugme – Ne Gledaj Me Tako I Ne Ljubi Me Više
- Teska Industrija – Probajte Divni Mladici
- Rok Hotel – Disko
- Kultur Shock & Edo Maajka – Sloboda
- Frenkie & Billain ft. Edo Maajka – Gdje Je Ta Bina
- Plavi Orkestar – Daj Nam Sunca
Listen to all broadcasting at Radio Skanstull Mixcolud